Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire

Can you believe how far into August we have travelled?! I can't. I'm shocked.


A little update about the weekend. I attempted and finished the 10k in Erie on Sunday. The weather conditions were less than ideal for me. When we left the house the humidity was 97% and was raining.... it rained until a little after mile 1, I believe. Then the sun came out..... When we returned home it was 77%. My lungs still aren't right from the Whooping Cough. I was doing a pretty solid run up until about mile 2. My legs felt good, I was mentally doing good, then my lungs decided to be crappy and my asthma symptoms started. By mile 3 I was wheezing pretty good. I should have stopped, but I didn't. It wasn't easy, but I finished. I finished in 1:07. I know that I could have been under an hour if my lungs didn't suck. So I'm hoping for under an hour for The Great Race in September (as long as the humidity isn't around). The good news is my legs don't hurt today! Whoop!

Here are some words....

You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals.
Edmund Hillary

One thing is for certain: There will be one thing that will dominate your life. I strongly suggest it be something you can be proud of.
Lou Holtz

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Unknown

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
Guillaume Apollinaire

MY FAVORITE!
Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time. Asha Tyson.

Take it easy.



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Way to go!!! Your first 10K;) You did awesome!