Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekly Words to Inspire - Joe Pa

Welcome to the final week of January. What a month it has been. The ups the downs (and I’m not just talking about life here, but the weather too! The resurgence of my Penguins and dominance of Malkin to the Steelers loss in the Playoffs and the death of Joe Paterno. I’m not getting into what JoePa’s legacy will be or what happened, but he has some pretty good words to live by that I will use today.


The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.

You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional.

Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks.

Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.

I do realize the irony in this last one, but I also recognize the truth.
Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.

Enjoy your week!

Take it easy.

No comments: