Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Words to Inspire

Okay - Well... I WAS going to have quotes about reaching accomplishments, as I ran my first 5k on Saturday and beat my targeted time of 30 minutes... However. As well know, Osama bin Laden, is not Osama bin Gotten. Hopefully some of these go between both accomplishments.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Beverly Sills


Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.
- Doug Larson


Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.
- Orison Swett Marden

I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.
- Tony Robbins


My favorite:
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

- Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

From Lee Greenwood:
And I’m proud to be an American,

where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

annddd I couldn't forget Toby Keith!
Ohhh Justice will be served

And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way

 
Go U. S. A.
Take it easy.

No comments: