Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Words to Inspire - Lance Armstrong

Welcome to the middle of May! Summer (hopefully) is really close to returning!!
As many of you know, I have committed running to a 10k in September. However, over the weekend I have also committed to running a 10k in August. So for those of us who are training or going through something personally, I hope these can inspire you. These are all from Lance Armstrong.


“If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.”

“A boo is a lot louder than a cheer. If you have 10 people cheering and one person booing, all you hear is the booing.”

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on."


'Through my illness I learned rejection. I was written off. That was the moment I thought, Okay, game on. No prisoners. Everybody's going down. "

"Two things scare me. The first is getting hurt. But that's not nearly as scary as the second, which is losing."

"Winning is about heart, not just legs. It's got to be in the right place. "

My favorite!!
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

Take it easy.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You could totally run a 10k tomorrow! You should make a play list with the exact amount of music it would take to do 10ish minute miles, it works because you know where you are on the playlist and how far you have left:) Can't wait to hear how it goes! Warning though....you may get hooked!