Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekly Words to Inspire

It's the LAST WEEK OF MARCH?! Are you serious?! Will I seriously be turning 27 at the end of the week? As long as spring hurries up, I guess I'll be okay with it! Have a safe week everyone!


Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left.
- Hubert Humphrey

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
- Mary Engelbreit

The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.
- Albert Ellis

I know everyone isn't a fan of Barack. But I'm a sucker for quotes about 'Hope.' I thought this was pretty good.  I believe it also relates to my post here.

Hope is what led a band of colonists to rise up against an empire; what led the greatest of generations to free a continent and heal a nation; what led young women and young men to sit at lunch counters and brave fire hoses and march through Selma and Montgomery for freedom's cause. Hope is what led me here today -- with a father from Kenya, a mother from Kansas; and a story that could only happen in the United States of America. Hope is the bedrock of this nation; the belief that our destiny will not be written for us, but by us; by all those men and women who are not content to settle for the world as it is; who have courage to remake the world as it should be. [January 3, 2008]
- Barack Obama

Loved this...
If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want.
-Oscar Wilde

Take it easy.

No comments: