Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day!

Just a quick recap of St. Patty's Day in Pittsburgh. Which is always celebrated on the Saturday before March 17th. This year, it was March 12th. Pittsburgh is known to have one of the second-largest parade, behind NYC.  What up, Boston?  The parade is typically attended by at least 100,000 people and sometimes up to 250,000. Anyways. I don't go to the parade. Just the celebrations.

I met up with my friend Ang at 10:45 AM in Station Square at Saddleridge.
They had live bands from the time we got there until 2. 
Velveeta played. They are quiet popular around the 'Burgh. Just a phenomenal cover band.
Here's Ang and I.


We had gone from SaddleRidge, to Bar Room, to Steelhouse and back to Saddleridge. 
The amount of people was amazing. The amount of green, overwhelming. The amount of 21 and 22 year olds, made me sick. I'm not sure when I got old. But I'm not a fan.

Top 5 Shirts We Saw:
5. Let's Get Ready to Stumble
4. Winning. 
3. Kiss me, I'm Jesus (This made me laugh all day.)
2. Getting Sh!tty in the Steel City (Didn't see this, but heard about it, had I seen it, would have been tied for number 1.)
1.  St. Patrick was Italian - Actually did research and this is potentially true. Score! 

Honorable Mentions:
  • Take Your Irish Eyes Off My Doublins
  • You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start Early
  • Kiss Me, I'm Magically Delicious
Other notables of the day:

On my way into town. A girl literally passed around 30 Jello shots. To everyone. Including the 60 year old Grandpa. When everyone thought she ran out. She pulled out another bag. Priceless.
I got a Guinness necklace, shirt, and hat. Whoop whoop!
This year I noticed more men in Kilts than previous years. HOWEVER, this was the first time I had ever seen a Camo Kilt. Only in Southwestern PA. I swear.
Turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day. 

Another reason why I love this city.
( I didn't take as many pictures this year.... Joc, the obsessive picture taker was not there to remind me.)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Take it easy.




No comments: