Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Classic.

 A few years ago, I invited myself thought it would be a good idea if my co-worker cooked me dinner. The first dinner was just me, I believe. However, the second dinner, included 3 of us, Ang, Nancy, and me. At this little get together, Ang had these awesome napkins. I have kept it ever since. I finally decided to use it in a craft project.
Here are the steps:

I started with this frame. It was 10 cents, I believe. I thought it had 'potential' at the time.


I cleaned it off to make sure that there wasn't dirt or grime. Prior to taking the picture I had removed the glass and the backing.
I used my white to paint. I did it light to give it the 'aged' look.

While I was letting the paint dry, I decided to work on the napkin.  I started by taking the glass and tracing it on the brown card stock. 

Once that was complete, I looked through my ribbon found the perfect one! So I measure it out. Cut. Then prayed it was right. 
I used two-sided tape on the back of the ribbon.

Prayed again that it would look right when I taped it on.
I also added tape to the back of the napkin.

Final product


I'm not going to lie, I smile every time I walk by it. 

I'll get better at taking pictures.
Until then...
Take it easy. 


Domestically Speaking

Beyond The Picket Fence

Elements Interiors

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Too cute. I love that line of cards/napkins. There are some hilarious ones. And they have a calendar too!

red.neck chic said...

ha! I love that!!! I'd smile too!!!

;-D robelyn

Mary said...

That's so cute!! You're very creative. :)

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

I LOVE this! Come on ova' and link up to WHASSUP!!! xoxokara




*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *