Friday, March 9, 2012

Fantastic Friday!!!!!!

Today is truly a Fantastic Friday.

This week has been crazy nuts. It started out by my computer's hard drive crashing 6:40 Monday morning. Isn't that the best way to start a week?! However, later that morning, I received a phone call that changed the course of my life!

My word for the year was "Fail." Well, mid-January I was contacted by a recruiter for the 3rd time regarding a new opportunity.  It almost seemed to good to be true.  But staying true to my word, I was going to do interview for the job. Well, 2 months later, I put in my resignation at my current employer.

I've obviously reflected on my experiences here and I am truly grateful for the opportunities I have had. I have really grown up, in literally every way possible in the 4.5 years I've been here. I began as newlywed and I'm leaving as the strongest I have ever been.  I have learned so many lessons in this company, professionally, I've grown, I started with only a year of audit experience, I ended with 4 years plus a certification. I've met individuals from the mill to the CEO. I have friends in Gary, Texas, Birmingham, and Slovakia. I was lucky enough to visit both Canada and Slovakia as well as many of our domestic plants.

As I was talking to an individual yesterday about my decision. I'm not leaving on bitter terms and this is not an ugly break up. I have just found an opportunity that better fits my current needs and desires.
I won't lie, I've been through a slew of emotions this week. However, it wasn't until yesterday when I talked with 2 of my co-workers who worked with my future director in the past (He worked at my company 20 years ago), and had nothing but great things to say about him.  I found comfort in their thoughts and opinions. I keep hearing from the people around me that I will excel at this new company. I am now beginning to believe it. I talked to my new manager yesterday and she was so kind and we got along very well. My fears have subsided for the moment.

So starting April 9th, I will be working for another billion dollar international manufactoring company... and I couldn't be more excited!

Now it is time to say good-bye to the people I have worked with, who have helped me grow and develop both personally and professional. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to do that with.

On a totally different note.
I went crazy this week and bought tickets for the Dave Matthews Band concerts for BOTH nights.
Honestly, I couldn't be more excited about this either as one of the nights it's going to be just my sister and I. If you think I haven't been listening to Dave all week, you'd be crazy. July can't come soon enough!

Well, that's all I have to say for today. It's not time to start the spreading of the news.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Take it easy.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good for you for taking a leap of faith:) You'll do great at your new JOB and who knows, you might just meet Mr. Right there;) I like meeting new people with new jobs, it has always led me to someone great being part of my life.

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.