Thursday, October 13, 2011

'To Go Where No One Has Gone Before...'

I can’t believe. After about 2 months I finally completed the entire season of Star Trek The Next Generation. I remember the days when I used to watch it with my sister, not because I liked the show, but because my big sister did. So when it appeared on Netflix, I figured I’d pull another ‘Roseanne’ and watch the whole series. I did and it was totally worth it.


I’m having a love hate relationship with Netflix at the moment. I think what they have done the past few months is horrible. I always thought Netflix was the one good company left, it was a good price, customer service was good. For me, it was worth the 10 bucks a month. Then they started going all crazy. Now that it’s all over, taking a step back, I’m not going to drop Netflix. I have thought about it, but honestly, I hate Comcast (my current cable provider) way more than I could ever hate Netflix.

Companies make mistakes, I’m sure in the offices the ideas were great… In reality, it made no sense at all. So let’s get over it. I’m just more curious about how Netflix streaming will be affected… are they going to start releasing new movies? Right now, that is the downfall for the streaming.

I love Netflix for the series that they are putting on Instant. A few years ago I dropped my cable to as basic as it could be because I was tired of paying a ton of money to watch Law and Order. That’s pretty much all I watched, the USA channel. I also use Hulu to watch the majority of the recent shows. So why do I need cable? To watch the Pens and Steelers. Back to why I love Netflix. I have been able to watch a variety of TV shows and not know the ending to them within 3 minutes of watching the episode. I like relieving my childhood. I’ve been able to watch Doogie Houser, Alf, Quantum Leap, and the original Saturday Night Live’s. To me, it’s worth the 10 bucks a month.

So now that Star Trek is over, what am I going to do? Well, they actually put ALL the Star Treks on instant… and a few weeks ago when I was hanging out with my sister she kind of got me into Battlestar Galactica. But for now, I think I’m going to take a break from the Syfy. For in my queue I have the series for.. wait for it… Mad Men, Wings, and totally my favorite The Wonder Years. So needless to say, I’ll be busy for a while.

At least these are reruns worth paying to watch!


Take it easy.

No comments: