Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire - Some Songs

Listen. This weekend was absolutely incredible. Filled with great friends, amazing family, and an experience that I will never forget.

Here are some good thoughts from the weekends... they are related to songs....


Life's A Dance - John Michael Montgomery
"Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go

The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you wanna recieve
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl even after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen the longshot, win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more"


These Are The Days - Sugarland
"We can't forget these are the days
Whooooa, whoooa, whoooa, don't be afraid
We can't forget these are the days

Well, it feels like we're living from paycheck to check
And we wake up wondering what might happen next
Yeah, sometimes it feels like we won't make it through
But the hard times pass like the good ones do
Baby, wrap your fingers and hold on tight
I'll be right here beside you tonight

Baby, climb up here, watch the city glow
Let's make a wish on the fireworks below
We're making moments we won't forget
We fill in ones that haven't happened yet."


100 Years - Five for Fighting
'There's still time for you
Time to buy and time to lose
15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live.

Something To Be Proud Of - Montgomery Gentry
"Dad, I wonder if I ever let you down
If you're ashamed how I turned out
Well, he lowered his voice, then he raised his brow
Said, lemme tell ya right now

That's something to be proud of
That's a life you can hang your hat on
You don't need to make a million
Just be thankful to be workin'
If you're doing what you're able
And putting food there on the table
And providing for the family that you love
That's something to be proud of

And if all you ever really do is the best you can
Well, you did it man"

It's A Great Day To Be Alive - Travis Tritt
"And it's a great day to be alive 
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes 
There's some hard times in the neighborhood 
But why can't every day be just this good?"


Okay I have to do a recap of Saturday at Heinz field, but I have to share this picture...
Yeah... I invited one of the Alumni Members to sit with us at lunch!
Do I even need to explain why?
yeah.... I didn't think I needed too... :)

Have a fabulous week!

Take it easy.

No comments: