Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekly Words To Inspire


So here we are. July... and for some of us, we get Wednesday off. I will be running a 5k on Wednesday morning. If the forecast is accurate, it's going to be a hot one!
The week has been good and busy. My father brought up a new desk for me! Whoop! It's a rolltop desk. I had to say good-bye from the desk I bought my junior year in college. Then I started to think how old the desk and then immediately turned my attention away! I found out to get Sammy to do what you want, if you bribe her, she will do it. So far, I'm out an ice cream bar (because she dove off the diving board, and it actually looked like a dive) and I owe her something else because she played a 'good' game on Saturday. I have a feeling, she will be expensive! 

So I finally have finished watching the entire series of Cheers. Man. It's underrated. I will say in the final season it got old. But I just don't see how it doesn't get the recognition for being a great comedy. I have literally laughed to tears in some of the episodes.  The words for this week are taken from the last episode... as well as the series finale of The Wonder Years (which I believe is next on the list) and Roseanne (Mom, I know you hate Roseanne, but it's good I promise. I've already watched this series.)

I wish you all a happy and safe Fourth of July. 
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~ Abraham Lincoln

" I'm not ashamed to admit, what i think we are all feeling. Time goes by so fast. People go in and out of your life. You know, you should never miss an opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you..."
- Fraiser

"You know something, I hate change. I mean, you know. Everyday you wake up, somethinga change. Everything changes. Changes so fast. I like things to stay the way they are. I like things you can count on."
-Woody

Norm: "You know what I think the most important thing in life is? Love. You want to know what I love?"
Sam: "Beer Norm."
Norm:"Yeah, I'll have a quick one."
Norm: " Sammy,I love that stool! If there’s a heaven, I don’t wanna go there unless my stool is waiting for me. And I tell you what, even God better not be on it. I don’t think it matters what you love, Sammy. Could be a person. Could be a thing. As long as you love it totally, completely, without judgement. You can never be unfaithful to your one true love. You always come back to her."

Couldn't forget the WOnder Years...
"Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place, a town, a house, like a lot of houses. A yard like a lot of other yards. On a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back...with wonder."

Roseanne Series Finale...
"And then Darlene had the baby, and it almost died. I snapped out of the mourning immediately, and all of my life energy turned into choosing life. In choosing life, I realized that my dreams of being a writer wouldn't just come true; I had to do the work. And as I wrote about my life, I relived it, and whatever I didn't like, I rearranged. I made a commitment to finish my story even if I had to write in the basement in the middle of the night while everyone else was asleep. But the more I wrote, the more I understood myself and why I had made the choices I made, and that was the real jackpot. I learned that dreams don't work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame. I think I'll be a lot better now that this book is done. "

Take it easy. 

No comments: