Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire - Martin Luther King Jr.

Since it's MLK day, I figured I'd include quotes by Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes that aren't in the 'I have a dream' speech.

Enjoy!

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."


"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'"


"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."


"If I sought to answer all the criticisms that cross my desk, my secretaries would have little time for anything other than such correspondence in the course of the day, and I would have no time for constructive work."


“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.


“The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"”


My favorite for the week...


'A man can't ride your back unless it's bent.'


Video of the week...




Here we go!
Next up Jets!

No comments: