Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire - Eleanor Roosevelt

All of these quotes are from Eleanor Roosevelt. I might have repeated a few from the past (for the original members), which I apologize. I hope you enjoy the new ones.

"I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. "
"Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world."

"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences."

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan."

"It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself."

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop and look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself 'I lived through this horror, I can take the next thing that comes along."
 
I hope all of you are having an incredible January!

No comments: