Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekly Words To Inspire

A few weeks ago I was very lucky enough to go to back to back Dave Matthews Band concerts. DMB is one of my all time live performers. They are true entertainers, if you go to a concert expecting to hear the songs on the radio, you will be sadly broken-hearted. They are one of the last true popular jam bands. They are true artists and just incredible musicians. Dave does what he wants and how he wants, which is probably why their fans have stayed with them through all these years. I can honestly say, those two nights were just absolutely incredible. Since then, I haven't been able to stop listening to my "DMB" Pandora station. I challenge you to go back and listen to Dave and listen to the words that he says, the lyrics, they mean so much more than just words. In my opinion, he gives a very accurate description of the world we live in. The words for these week are taken from songs that move me. The meaning might be a little hidden, but think about them. I want to know your favorite DMB song!

Have a splendid week! 

"Standing here
The old man said to me,
"Long before these crowded streets
Here stood my dreaming tree."
Below it he would sit
For hours at a time
Now progress takes away
What forever took to find
And now he's falling hard
He feels the falling dark
How he longs to be
Beneath his dreaming tree"
- The Dreaming Tree


"And I'm blown away 
I can't believe that we would 
Lie in our graves 
Wondering if we had 
Spent our living days well 
I can't believe that we would 
Lie in our graves 
Dreaming of things that we 
Might have been "
- Lie in our Graves

"Then comes the day 
Staring at myself I turn to question me 
I wonder do I want the simple, simple life that I once lived in well 
Oh things were quiet then 
In a way they were the better days 
But now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen "
- Proudest Monkey

"How can I turn away 
Brother/Sister go dancing 
Through my head 
Human as to human 
The future is no place 
To place your better days"
- Cry Freedom

"Take what you can from your dreams, make them as real as anything."
- Grey Street

"She thinks, we look at each other 
Wondering what the other is thinking
But we never say a thing
These crimes between us grow deeper"
- Ants Marching

My favorite Dave song is by far Pig... I could put the whole song in here, but I won't... but I will say this song has gotten me through a lot of tough times...
"From the dark side we can see a glow of something bright 
There's much more than we see here 
Don't burn the day away Is this not enough 
This blessed sip of life Is it not enough 
Staring down at the ground 
Oh then complain and pray more from above 
Greedy little pig 
Stop just watch your world trickle away 
Oh it's your problem now 
It'll all be dead and gone in a few short years "

"Wash out this tired notion 
That the best is yet to come 
But while you're dancing on the ground  Don't think of when you're gone 
Love love what more is there 
We need the light of love in here 
Don't beat your head  Dry your eyes 
Let the love in there 
There are bad times But that's ok 
Just look for love in it 
Don't burn the day away " 

"On this starry night staring into space 
And I must say 
I feel as small as dust 
Lying down here 
What point could there be troubling 
Head down wondering what will become of me 
Why concern we cannot see 
But no reason to abandon it 
Time is short but that's all right."
- Pig
Take it easy. 

No comments: