Thursday, August 23, 2012

Maybe this'll be my year

Train has a song on their new album called 'Maybe this'll be my year.' I love it.

So I've been MIA, not for bad reasons, but for excellent reasons!

June was pretty subduded...
Big thing was the Lady Antebellum concert. I've realized I'm a concert snob. Darius Rucker is AWESOME live. Go see him. Lady A, I wouldn't waste my time..
But this is how I roll...


July was filled with fun!

Started out completing a The Whiskey Rebellion 5k...

Then I was LUCKY enough to attend back-to-back Dave Matthews concerts. He is a must see. Even if you are not a fan of his music... His live performance is something else. I was "skilled" enough to capture this photo. I believe that this captures the feelings of a DMB concert...

After DMB, I woke up at 5 in the morning and headed to the airport to fly out to LA! 
It was a blast... Here are my favs..
After I took this photo, I headed up the trail behind the Hollywood sign, in my 5 fingers. AAWWWEESOOMMEE.
I visited the Rose Bowl in Pasadena!

Hiked up an intense trail. Best views. Highly recommend it for anyone who wants to be adventours. This was not from the top of the trail, but man... The views were breathe taking.

BING CROSBY. Nothing else needs to be said. 

My 5 fingers entering the Pacific Ocean.

As soon as I got off the plan, literally, a half hour later, I was at the venue to see Toby Keith. It was a great show. It's been great to see how Toby has improved over the years.
 Saturday I slept in for a minute, then headed out to meet some friends to participate in the "Ruckus." I was tired and jet lagged, but It was an awesome experience. I can't wait to do it again! (Well, I've signed up for another mud run on November 3 at Seven Springs.. the day before I leave for 2 weeks!)


Yup. We slide down that..

Now let's enter August... August was calm, until vacation.. which started with taking a trip to Bristol. 
Look at that... Literally in two places at once. Bristol is an awesome town.
I was there for the Gentleman of the Road Tour by Mumford and Sons.  I can't rave enough about this event. It was perfect from start to finish. If you ever have the chance to see Mumford and Sons, do it. They were incredible. 





12 hours later....
I was on my way to Myrtle Beach, SC!
I spent a week there and apparently didn't take many pictures... but I did take this..

Less than a month after touching the Pacific for the first time, back to the Atlantic...
However, I'm a West Coast girl now...

Less than 12 hours after returning from vacation I run ANOTHER 5k... The Flying Monkey 5k..
This one in honor of a friend who lost a battle with Lung Cancer..
 Here we are again.. finishing the race.. Man it felt good. Felt right...


And now... this Saturday I'm running the Color Me Rad race and then I'll take a break until November 3.. Mud on the Mountain. I. Can't. Wait.

So that's my life for the past 3 months. It's been crazy. But it's been amazing. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

This is my year.





No comments: