Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire

I have no idea where time is going. I do realize Christmas is going to be here before we know it.
I hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit.

Enjoy your week!



People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.  Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.  Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.  Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.  Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.  Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.  Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway.
- Mother Teresa

Life, is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming.
-Myrna Loy

I thought this was a very interesting perspective.. especially with this time of year...
Now that I am ninety-five years old, looking back over the years.  I have seen many changes taking place, so many inventions have been made.  Things now go faster.  In olden times things were not so rushed.  I think people were more content, more satisfied with life than they are today.  You don't hear nearly as much laughter and shouting as you did in my day, and what was fun for us wouldn't be fun now... In this age I don't think people are as happy, they are worried.  They're too anxious to get ahead of their neighbors, they are striving and striving to get something better.  I do think in a way that they have too much now.  We did with much less.
- Grandma Moses

Here are the Christmas Quotes.... These are from the Polar Express. Thanks IMDB!
The Conductor: Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see. 
The Conductor: The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on. 

Hero Boy: At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe. 


Have a marvelous week!

Take it easy.


No comments: