Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Be My Guest...

So tonight I (we) had an impromptu dinner guest. It all started a few years ago, I, as the story goes, invited myself to dinner at a co-workers house (Ang)... Well from there grew 'Dinner Club' where once a month girls from the office would get together and try out new recipes and complain  discuss work.  Most of the girls have moved on, but Ang and I still have dinner at least once a month, when she's not traveling to some Gosh-forsaken place for work.
So I decided since Mr. Wonderful was already cooking me his Gumbo, that tonight would be a good night for Ang to visit. The menu ended up being a salad, Italian Bread, Chef's Gumbo, my Bacon Burger Pasta, followed up with apple pie and ice cream.Yummy delicious comes to mind... I even set the table. Don't worry, I've learned from past mistakes, so I just went ahead and put on the sweat pants with the elastic band PRIOR to dinner..  Good news, I have enough food to last me the rest of the week! Bad news, I have food to last me the rest of the week!

Here are some pics:
Yup. Look at that.. all burners were used! However, I noted to Mr. Wonderful that next time, let's not put the tall pot in front so that the short girl has to reach over it. Yes - I had a safety conversation with  myself regarding that!

Table all set for Ang's arrival.

Just call me Martha..

Look Mom! A real dinner!!

Roasted Garlic Potatoes and my Bacon Burger Pasta

His Gumbo.. it was so good...

and dessert...

and now i'm off to lay on the couch until I come out of my food coma... 
Hey - I'm just preparing for next thursday!

No comments: