Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekly Words to Inspire

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I know I could not have asked for anything more. I spent Friday watching Sophie, then we went to one of my favorite places ever for dinner, Tropical Treat (it's an original drive-in!) I had my first ' Birch Beer' (which is delicious). Saturday was spent making applesauce with my best friend and her Grandma, with apples we hand picked from a bin. Then we went out to dinner with a few of my favorite people, followed by a bon fire on top of a hill... topped off with a late night quad ride around apple orchards and the first time I've ever actually picked a good apple off a tree and ate it!  Sunday I met my brother and sister-in-law for bunch and walking around Cabela's. Sunday night my best friend made dinner and the four of us (plus Sophie!) ate outside and just enjoyed life. I drove hom across PA yesterday, witnessing one of the coolest things. If I didn't pass 60 Utility trucks yesterday coming from the East, then I didn't pass 1. It was so cool to see how people go to the rescue of others. I saw a bunch of trucks from Pittsburgh, but I also saw a lot of trucks from Minnesota. So neat. Anyways, hope all is well with everyone!

“A strong nation, like a strong person, can afford to be gentle, firm, thoughtful, and restrained. It can afford to extend a helping hand to others. It's a weak nation, like a weak person, that must behave with bluster and boasting and rashness and other signs of insecurity.”

Jimmy Carter

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. "
Tom Landry

"In short, in life, as in a foot-ball game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard; don't foul and don't shirk, but hit the line hard!"
Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life (1900)


And in response to my weekend…. This is all I can say…

“And it made me think about where I'm at
On my not so straight and narrow path
All the generous and mostly undeserved
Blessings that I've had

I had an all-American mom and dad
Some of the coolest friends you could ever have
Found love I thought I'd never find
Sometimes I can't believe this life is mine
And I'm not plannin' on leavin' yet
But the truth is you just never know
And if this is as good as it gets
Man, I think I'm good to go
I'm good to go”
- Jason Aldean – Good To Go

Take it easy.

No comments: