Friday, May 18, 2012

Then & Now

Since I quit my last job, life has.... life has been good. I've had some extremely challenging times, but it's been good.... It made me think...

Then -
If my new boss would have quit the day after I started, I would have questioned my decision. Feared the future. Would have wanted to run.

Now -
I laughed. It's just the way life can be sometimes.

Then -
If my first audit would have started while my co-worker was in Denmark and I didn't have a supervisor, I would have cried. No doubt. I would have broken down and cried.

Now -
Took it all in stride. I realized what was in my control and what was not in my control. I only focused on the things that I could control. And in the end? I gained the respect of my peers.

Then -
If my supervisor would have cancelled last minute on my first draft report meeting with the auditees (who has been known to train wreck meetings) I would have spazzed out and  been all dramatic.

Now -
Got my facts straight. Believed in my work. Wore a heart rate monitor. And did the best I could. Result? HR hitting 104 :) But walking out of the lions den with only a few nicks. In other words a success.

Then -
I would have eaten the 3 bags of chips in my drawer that I see everyday.

Now -
I smile when I see them, because I have no desire to eat them.

Then -
I would make excuses on why I can't work out.

Now -
I make it work. I don't sacrifice my gym time.

Then -
I would have been hesitant to go to a music festival with my old roommate in Asbury Park, NJ because of the distance and a bunch of other crappy excuses.

Now -
I'm sitting on a Megabus on my way to Philly to meet my roommate who's picking me up. And I'm totally freakin' stoked about the weekend.

Then -
I would quit when things got tough.

Now -
It makes me work harder when I want to quit.

Then -
I would make excuses when I was scared.

Now -
I realize that's my M.O. and I don't let them stop me.

Then -
I didn't believe in myself.

Now -
I won't stop believing.... ever.


I can't stop listening to the song by OneRepublic ' Good Life' because honestly, that's exactly how I feel at this moment. What do I have to complain about? This is the good life.

What can I say? I'm halfway there living on prayer.

Have a fantastic weekend.
This is going to be one for the books. Moments. Great Moments.
I love Bon Jovi!

Take it easy.

No comments: