Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekly Words To Inspire - Abe Lincoln

Another weekend down in November. It shocks me that Thanksgiving is NEXT THURSDAY! Christmas is going to be here before we know it! I have started the celebration of the season by watching both White Christmas and Elf this weekend. '

Everyone once in a while I like to throw the thoughts of one person together... I just feel that these were right... These are from Abraham Lincoln. I hope you find something that reaches you.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
Abraham Lincoln

I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end... I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me.
Abraham Lincoln

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. Abraham Lincoln

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

I can't believe this is my last full working week in 2011. Have a fantastic week!

Take it easy.

No comments: